Sr. Software Engineer
RemoteBrazil, Rio de Janeiro, BrazilEngineering
About Next Reason
Next Reason delivers industry-leading software, consulting, engineering, support, and optimization services designed to maximize the value of enterprise customer identity and access management (CIAM) solutions and customer data platforms (CDP). We’re trusted by global brands in healthcare, energy, banking, pharmaceuticals, and other industries to govern complex customer identity landscapes and orchestrate solutions to deliver best practices in architecture, security, support, and customer data operations at scale. We’re headquartered in Portland, OR in the US and our customers, partners, and team members are located around the world.
Work in a highly collaborative team environment to develop scalable applications that meet complex business requirements
Develop REST APIs based on best practices such as using common methods (GET, POST, PUT, DELETE…), JSON based responses, status codes reflecting industry standards, proper URL versioning and regions, etc.
Document code following standards such as OpenAPI
Write unit and functional tests, and resolve issues to deliver quality code with full test coverage
Follow the software development lifecycle for source code management, creating feature branches with appropriate naming conventions, assess and incorporate peer code review suggestions, etc.
Collaborate with the team to ask and help answer questions, heal troubleshoot, provide peer code reviews
Work with QA testers to identify and solve issues during testing phase
Develop and document deployment and CI/CD process to consistently improve code automation and remove bottlenecks
Contribute to the team culture by encouraging team participation
Work with architects to ensure that the most suitable technical solutions are being chosen to solve customer problems
- Follow security best practices: Develop strong security and compliance best practices, and ensure the team adheres to Next Reason’s information security management system—including monitoring and reporting security incidents as needed
- Focus on quality: Maintain high standards of quality when it comes to written and verbal communications by establishing good practices and habits, empathizing with our customers, and respecting your colleagues
- Track time: All members of the team are required to track time and reach utilization targets appropriate for their role
- Prioritize effectively: Prioritize and execute tasks in a methodical and disciplined manner, as well as internally provide leadership (technical and project) to teammates through coaching and mentorship
- Perform other duties as assigned: Perform ad hoc tasks as needed
BA/BS in Computer Science, Information Technology, related field or equivalent work experience
3+ years strong back-end development experience including experience with technologies such as Python, FastAPI, and Flask
2+ years experience creating REST API services
Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
Strong problem-solving skills, and the ability to quickly diagnose and solve issues
Proficiency with Git for creating branches, committing code, submitting, pull requests, fixing merge conflicts, etc.
Strong understanding of object-oriented design, web application patterns, frameworks, and components
Experience working with a team using agile development processes
Proficiency with modern web standards (HTML5, CSS 3, and ES6)
Familiarity with local, VM-driven development using Docker or Vagrant
Experience with Kubernetes
Knowledge of commonly used AWS services such as EKS, RDS, ECS, Lambda, and others
Familiarity with infrastructure as code using Terraform or CloudFormation
Experience configuring and using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins and/or TravisCI
Experience with SQL and/no NoSQL databases
Experience using a ticket management process with products such as Jira, ClickUp, etc.
Automated tests scripts (Cypress framework)