United States, Oregon, PortlandEngineering
About Next Reason
Next Reason delivers industry-leading software, consulting, engineering, support, and optimization services designed to maximize the value of enterprise customer identity and access management (CIAM) solutions and customer data platforms (CDP). We’re trusted by global brands in healthcare, energy, banking, pharmaceuticals, and other industries to govern complex customer identity landscapes and orchestrate solutions to deliver best practices in architecture, security, support, and customer data operations at scale. We’re headquartered in Portland, OR in the US and our customers, partners, and team members are located around the world.
About the Position
We’re seeking a highly skilled, entrepreneurial, and forward-thinking Software Architect to guide our software development and devops teams responsible for building, delivering, and maintaining our new next-generation enterprise customer identity software.
The Software Architect is responsible for designing performant, highly secure, and innovative software solutions that enable us to deliver new features, limit technical debt, and achieve the vision of our product roadmap using technology standards such as OAuth2.0 and OpenID Connect, as well as collaborating with our devops partner on infrastructure design.
This is an exciting opportunity to be an early leader at a fast-growing startup working with some of the largest brands in the world responsible for managing millions of customer identities. Work from our office in Portland, OR or remotely from your home anywhere in the US.
- Create high-level and low-level technical designs and product specifications that align with our product roadmap
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders, customers, and prospects to determine software requirements
- Provide the development team with architectural blueprints to follow
- Collaborate with developers on troubleshooting and resolving issues with software design
- Adhere to development schedules and deadlines to deliver software on time and on budget
- Stay current with identity security and platform best practices and trends by attending workshops and reading whitepapers
- Present regular progress reports to leadership team
- Ensure internal runbooks and product documentation are accurate, cover all use cases, and updated as needed to promote a high standard of support quality and encourage self-service by end users
- Learn, understand, and follow security best practices: Develop strong security best practices within the software designs that meets cutting-edge best-practices in regards to OIDC and OAuth2.0.
- Focus on quality: Maintain high standards of quality when it comes to written and verbal communications by establishing good practices and habits, empathizing with our customers, and respecting your colleagues
- Prioritize effectively: Prioritize and execute tasks in a methodical and disciplined manner, as well as internally provide leadership (technical and project) to teammates through coaching and mentorship
- Perform other duties as assigned: Perform ad hoc tasks as needed
- 100% company-paid coverage for medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401K with 4% match
- Unlimited PTO
- Paid maternity and paternity leave
- New MacBook Pro and home office stipend
Location & Availability
- Location: Portland, OR or work remotely anywhere in the US
- Availability: US business hours
- 5+ years experience as an architect or senior technical lead guiding developers on software architecture, best practices, delivering modern and innovative software solutions, and securing software to the highest compliance standards
- Experience with the OpenID Connect (OIDC) and/or OAuth protocols
- Experience designing and using REST APIs
- Excellent organizational and leadership abilities
- Highly analytical mindset, with an ability to see both the big picture and the details
- Exceptional interpersonal and team collaboration skills, including active listening and excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Highly proficient in written and spoken English
- Strong problem solving skills, intelligence, initiative, and the ability to thrive under pressure
- Experience working with distributed global teams
- Experience with developing integration solutions for CIAM or IAM platforms such as Akamai Identity Cloud (formerly Janrain) Auth0; Ping ID, ForgeRock, and SailPoint
Equal Employment Opportunity
Next Reason provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.